Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Holidays

Thanksgiving has been a favorite holiday of mine since I started celebrating the holidays. I like getting together with family and knowing that our being together will bring me joy. There was no sudden change for me this turkey day because we happened to have in Frenchtown at my Aunt Kathy's. It wasn't a long drive and dinner was very relaxed. I was mostly sad because most of the younger generation had been in attendance for this holiday. I realize we are getting older and starting our own families and trends, but it is still nice to have everyone there. My family get togethers usually include: the feast, visiting, game time (pictionary), and then the second dinner. Although this year we only had the first feast and visiting, how lame. No, not really, but the game time really defines my family and somehow we have managed to drift away from our tradition. I always knew at some point in time this would happen, but I wasn't quite ready for it. The good part about this is my immediate family has gotten so much closer and that is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment